It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1977 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 Macho - $2900 (Grant)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 pm 

1977 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 Macho - $2900 (Grant)

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1309532810.html

Nice real Macho Powerwagon with very little body rust. These trucks are getting hard to find in decent condition. The cab floor is rusted and there is a little rust above one of the wheels. I am the third owner and have not got around to a full restoration but I have done a few things. The carb has been rebuilt and the truck starts and drives. The engine is a replacement 360 that the previous owner said had about 25,000 miles on it. It still has the original macho decals on it and mostly original paint. Dual tanks, automatic transmission, working full-time four wheel drive and cruise control (not working). I have replaced the heater control unit and temperature cable with NOS parts. I also replaced the front bumper with a correct NOS part. The front grille was replaced with a very clean unit that just needs to be polished. It currently has a Dodge bedliner and the bed is in good shape with just surface rust. Sorry, the original roll bar is long gone. It still has the original wagon wheels. There is slight body damage near the tail light on the passenger side (it looks like it scraped something and is visible in the picture). The interior is in good shape. The driver seat needs a recover but the passenger seat is in great shape. The dash and door panels are in excellent condition. It has a clear Colorado title.

This is a great project truck or just to use as a driver. It is a very original and fun to drive pickup truck!

Email for any questions:
sale-dzbu4-1309532810@craigslist.org

Post subject: Re: 1977 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 Macho - $2900 (Grant)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 pm 

I've seen this posted here a few times (here and here) already -- what would the experts say it's worth? It's only an hour and a half or so from me -- and even though I would prefer a '79/'80, it does look fairly clean/honest. No roll bar or original steering wheel are definite minuses though, but how far off is $2900 from the consensus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:29 am 

the bar being gone is a definate take away from the price in my book...
It looks like it might take good pictures, meaning it might be different looking in person. From what I can see, I would say about 2k, but I am cheap....looks like the paint is really weak on it too.....
Colorado should be a hot bed for macho power wagons....heard of some nice ones over there.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:02 am 

if i was closer i would own it. where i am from ( salt Capitol of the world) it is easily worth the 2900 he is asking. i would offer 2500.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:58 am 

palomino wrote:
the bar being gone is a definate take away from the price in my book...
It looks like it might take good pictures, meaning it might be different looking in person. From what I can see, I would say about 2k, but I am cheap....looks like the paint is really weak on it too.....
Colorado should be a hot bed for macho power wagons....heard of some nice ones over there.....

Exactly, the condition of the paint and if there are any rusty areas would definitely influence how much I'd be willing to pay for it.

Maybe I haven't my eyes peeled enough, but I definitely haven't seen hardly any Machos here... :?

I-W wrote:
if i was closer i would own it. where i am from ( salt Capitol of the world) it is easily worth the 2900 he is asking. i would offer 2500.

Hmm...so somewhere between $2k-2.5k. I think with that in mind I'd rather hold out for a '79/'80 since I am more fond of them...