It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sombody out West, call about this '78 Macho quick!
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:10 am 

Link

Post subject: Re: Sombody out West, call about this '78 Macho quick!
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:47 pm 

He is going to keep the 360 & tranny. He has replaced the tailgate and both f/r axles from a 71' Powerwagon due to the original front axle going out some time ago. It was cheaper to swap than repair. So for $400 all you get is a Macho frame and body. I plan on repowering it with the drive train from my SRW 1 Ton Cummins anyway. It's not close to me but I might go the distance for it. I've been talking to the owner and this might be an original Macho. Says there is'nt too much rust. Waiting for more pictures i've requested and if it's what he says it is, i'm headed west fo it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:42 am 

Truck is SOLD........ road trip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:12 pm 

SWEET!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 pm 

I've been thinking about this and have decided to let the Russet Macho go. The truck is still in Billings, Montana and the owner will be relisting the truck for sale once more. I just don't have the time/space to have two projects. I wouldn't want to chop this rare color Macho truck to use as my 1 ton build. If I had more space I would keep it and give it a proper restoration. I hope some Dodge Macho entusiast finds it a good home.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:30 am 

If someone in the Midwest is interested in restoring this truck let me know. The truck has minimal rust by Midwest standards. Some lower door patch work will be needed and the rear wheel well arches will need replacement. Frame, cab floors, rockers and cab supports are solid. The interior is in great shape. As originaly advertized the truck is missing the rear original tailgate but does come with one from another dodge truck. The axles are also from another dodge truck and comes without an engine.
I just saved a complete 1979 Dodge Macho truck from the crusher. This truck is rusted beyond repair. It runs and drives but you could fall through the floor due to being rusted out. I'm not sure what is keeping this truck together.
I could swap the '79 Macho running gear to the late 1977 Macho. The '79 has original axles and comes with 5 original yellow Macho wheels. 318 2bbl, 727 auto, NP203 and 3.21 gears. All you would need to complete the truck would be a Macho roll bar and black bumpers. This is going to take two Macho trucks to make one. I can't say what I'll be selling the 77 Macho for as I don't have the total cost added up yet, If I or you will do the drive train swap and the cost of transporting the truck from Montana. Plan to pick up the truck the last week of July and will be in the Milwaukee area. Will keep this tread posted.

Attachments:
russetmacho.jpg
russetmacho.jpg [ 87.33 KiB | Viewed 3175 times ]