It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1979 Dodge Power Wagon WarlockII 4X4 Stepside
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm 

I have owned it for a few years. Just setting now. Can be driven anywhere.
Here's some more info:
Original Warlock II. 360 2v auto 4x4...........Rare..... Runs great (136000 miles) and there is NO problem with California Smog Inspection. I have owned it for four years and have the history back to day one in 1979.. Comes with some restoration parts.Would like to get $5500. Please call or email for more photos or infomation (916) 832 2898. or direct email; dynamodave@att.net
DO YOU HAVE A CLEAR TITLE FOR THE TRUCK ? HOW IS THE IN SIDE OF THE TRUCK ? HOW BAD IS THE DENTS DINGS ? CAN YOU CALL TO TALK ABOUT THE TRUCK ? THANK YOU Aug-21-10
A: Yes the title is clear (Not Salvaged). The sides of the truck are ok for repaint with none or very little dent smoothing. The doors will have to have some rust patching work done the bottoms. There are some rust out on the very bottom of the doors. Also, one of the prior owners mounted large truck mirrors on each door (which were not on the truck when I received it) and there were 3 holes at the top and 3 holes at the mid lower window areas of each of the doors. I have welded up all the holes and done some finish body work on the holes areas. The areas "will still need" some more finishing. The areas are painted in orginal red paint for now. The right rear fender at the rear of the lower lip near the mounting side of bed has some bondo in it. If I were to repaint the truck (which it needs) I would removed the bondo and repair the spot with a little better body work. The area of repair is smaller than a 1/2 of a dollar bill.
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TIGHT?? IS THE STEERING?? AND ARE THE BRAKES GOOD?? AND ONE LAST THING WHAT PARTS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE TRUCK?? THANK YOU. Aug-20-10
A: The steering is TIGHT!. The brakes are very good. Last question I answered on another private email. Here's the info I gave him: I also have restoration parts that go with the truck; a modified Holly 2V Lil Red Express Air duel inlet filter housing, intake hoses and core hose collectors and factory LRE '79 chrome valve covers. Also goes another "better grill", factory tinted side roll up windows & vents. Also comes with an additional complete factory AC system (Metal dash, vents,under dash hoses, dash electical/vac controller,factory compressor & aftermarket rotary compressor,engine compressor mounting brackets, pulleys and factory condensor and evaporator under dash system/housing).Also comes with the Factory sport mirrors and additional front brake (2) rotors and some more parts... The restoration parts list goes on but out of room to print up. Here's some history: Originally this truck was first sold in Georga (about 18 years). Then after a few years went to new owner in Kentucky. That owner sold to a guy in Ohio. I bought the truck from the second owner in Ohio. I had it shipped to California in 2006. When I got it, it was in good original condition except for the intake manifold (Edlebrock), smog equipment was missing (smog pump, cat, vac regulator, gas filler hole enlarged) & bed wood & chrome wheels. The Kentucky owner put some house floor Cedar tung & groove planks in the bed. I redid the bed in Oakwood with SS strips and bolts and a NOS Tailgate ($600). The Chrome rims were missing except for the spare chrome. The orginal Thumpless Goodyear tire was still on it (I still have it). The second owner in Ohio said he thought the truck had 35000 miles on it. I wrote a letter to the second owner in Georga to see if he could remember what the mileage was when he sold it. He never responded.. I install a 3/4T factory transcooler, a new 3 row cooling tube radiator & steel 3/4T shroud.. The truck runs like a striped ape (for 175HP) and it's back to stock specs.
Q: How are the floors/rockers/roof. any rot? any patchs. thanks Aug-16-10
A: Patch on driver's floor near throttle pedal ball pivit. Radiator core support rot out (2" dia) near frame mounting rubber cushion. Bottom doors, some rot. That it, no other rot out. Some surface rust near rear bed stakes on flat side surface of bed sides.

Attachments:
79 Dodge Warlock equip label.jpg
79 Dodge Warlock equip label.jpg [ 255.69 KiB | Viewed 4965 times ]
'79 warlock2.7.jpg
'79 warlock2.7.jpg [ 176.92 KiB | Viewed 4965 times ]

Post subject: Re: 1979 Dodge Power Wagon WarlockII 4X4 Stepside
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 pm 

How about one that's running complete original. West Coast, can deliver. Or you can drive it home! No trailer needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 am 

Still got it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 am 

No, Travis Laboy of the San Diego Chargers ownes it now. Sold in May 2011.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 pm 

have warlock close to yours....w13jf9s201884....very similar, but orange.