All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1979 Dodge PALOMINO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:31 pm 

SMS Fabrics in Portland Oregon....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:02 pm 

palomino wrote:
SMS Fabrics in Portland Oregon....

Are they the ones making the fabric now? Then? Both? Was there a choice of fabric or vinyl when ordered?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 pm 

nope, it was NOS fabric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:15 am 

As always, Sam, it's great to see your restored Palomino. That Big Horn looks like a pretty clean truck. I've not seen that one before. I'll call you soon for the details.
Cody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm 

JC_Corbett wrote:
As always, Sam, it's great to see your restored Palomino. That Big Horn looks like a pretty clean truck. I've not seen that one before. I'll call you soon for the details.
Cody

it is an oddly spec'd out truck too....
318 2bbl, 435 4spd, 208 t-case, 3.21 gears with sure grip, factory chrome step bumper, dual tanks, am/fm stereo, clock, a/c, and adventurer package.
I am not sure which wheels it came with, but have slots and turbine wheels for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:34 pm 

palomino wrote:
As time permits I will talk about the pertinate information about the specifics about the PALOMINO package on dodge trucks in 1979

Do you know if all Palomino's were assembled at the same plant ? Did the interior get installed at the factory since it was only used in these trucks or was this a deal like the Dude II ? Might get kinda complicated at the factory unless all Palomino's ran down the line at the same time.

I know I have asked you in the past approx. production #'s and all were built from ## to ## in '79. Any ideal how much the package would have cost on top of base models,separate from the Adventurer package ? Do you know what the code would have been for the Palomino package on core tag/build sheet ? How about paint codes?

Palomino's only lasted for one partial year production,was there any particular target marketing for them like a trial basis (via Early Warlock/ Spring-White hat special) before they were discontinued or morphed into Big Horns ?

Sorry...don't mean to rush you if you've already planned to cover this info.. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 am 

GrnMagic77 wrote:
palomino wrote:
As time permits I will talk about the pertinate information about the specifics about the PALOMINO package on dodge trucks in 1979

Do you know if all Palomino's were assembled at the same plant ? Did the interior get installed at the factory since it was only used in these trucks or was this a deal like the Dude II ? Might get kinda complicated at the factory unless all Palomino's ran down the line at the same time.

They were all assembled at the warren truck plant, and I would assume that the seats were done at the factory too, similar to that of the macho's. I think that any truck, weather it be a macho, warlock, palomino, etc would have gone down in batches, meaning several very similarly equipt trucks would go through...

I know I have asked you in the past approx. production #'s and all were built from ## to ## in '79. Any ideal how much the package would have cost on top of base models,separate from the Adventurer package ? Do you know what the code would have been for the Palomino package on core tag/build sheet ? How about paint codes?

My logical guess is somewhere about 1000 or so trucks, seeing what has pop'd up. The earliest truck I have seen is feb 1st of 79, and I have several that were made in feb too. I figured that they were made from feb 1 through the end of production of 1979. The core tag would indicate PXZ for the paint procedure. I have only one build sheet for one, and I need to locate it again.....no procing info for the package, but one would guess about 500 over a base adventurer with the prospector package on it...

Palomino's only lasted for one partial year production,was there any particular target marketing for them like a trial basis (via Early Warlock/ Spring-White hat special) before they were discontinued or morphed into Big Horns ?

I think it was probably like a spring special or something. They were discontinued and the 1980 Big Horn took its' place, wearing the same seat upholstry and a different but similar motif paint on the outside...

Sorry...don't mean to rush you if you've already planned to cover this info.. :P

No rush...no biggie....

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 pm 

Any time to bump this thread with more info ?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm 

what kind of info you lookin for?