It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macho Roll Bar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 am 

I am in the process of restoring/rebuilding a '78 macho (cloned) and was looking for a roll bar. I came across a website that has a couple of pictures of roll bars on a Jeep J10 Pickup Roll Bar: Regular Hoop Style Bed Mount Single Hoop / Single Kicker to floor. It appears to me that this roll bar is almost exactly like the Macho roll bars. Can anyone confirm or deny this Jeep roll bar is the same as the Macho? Any input would be appreciated. From my experience it is difficult to find these original roll bars. If these roll bars are the same I would be interested in getting one although the price of $525.00 plus shipping seems a bit high. Any thoughts from other Macho owners or cloners? Thanks for your help. http://www.truckrollbar.com/3barphotos/ ... hoto2.html

Post subject: Re: Macho Roll Bar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 pm 

Sure looks pretty similar, I know the "real" machos have the mounts for lites on top which you can always add, and there's some brackets underneath the box that mount the bar also. Here's a pic of a rollbar off a parted out macho truck, looks the same. I see the dodge ones aren't straight across the top, actually slope down from the middle a bit it seems, very slight. If anything that roll bar for sale is a little smaller, and the angle back to the wheel well mounts isn't a big enough angle. maybe ask the company if it would fit a dodge SB? Pretty cool!

Attachments:
77dodge.jpg
77dodge.jpg [ 178.16 KiB | Viewed 1791 times ]

Post subject: Re: Macho Roll Bar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm 

i have a rollbar from a pop-top ramcharger, ive considered modifying it to make it work in my short bed truck. it has the same peak in the middle of it, but it probably needs to be reworked for the longer wheelbase and to make it cab height. however, i bought a tool box for it today, so the roll bar idea is out. i may throw it in to see how close it comes anyway.