It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Look for what is "correct"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm 

I recently purchased a 79 Macho Power Wagon long box clone in Sunburst orange. I was driving down a street and saw it in a guy's drive with a for sale sign on it. Until then I had never heard of a Macho Power Wagon but it certainly caught my attention. I am wondering what is correct and what is incorrect on this truck. I've looked at many pictures on the internet but you can't tell if what you are seeing is factory correct. So here goes...

Is the center of the grille grid black or chrome?

On mine the words POWER WAGON are centered on the recessed area of the tailgate and the words "by Dodge" are on the lower right outward part of the tailgate. I've seen pictures of the PW being in the top half of the recessed area and "by Dodge" in the bottom right part of the recessed area. Which is correct?

Mine has bucket seats and center console but the seats are plain Jane and I expect not original. Does anyone have a picture of original seats? Where can I get a pair of them?

Some MPW pictures show POWER WAGON callouts on the hood. Was this year specific? I'm wondering if this was 77 and 78 only.

Does anyone have pics of the roll bar? Was it one piece or sectional? Mine is sectional. Did they come with roll bar lights?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but this will get me started. Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Look for what is "correct"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:21 pm 

Just thought of this, what was the correct steering wheel on these trucks. A picture would be great.