It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting a MACHO
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm 

I THINK it is a 1979, but it is sitting on some land where a friend of mine is land sitting. The story is checkered and kind of long, but basically, I am trying to broker a deal for the three vehicles up there. One is the MACHO which is the one i REALLY want! The others are a 1974 Power Wagon with a stake bed, and a 1972 Plymouth Duster that needs a fender and interior I have a 383 mag just ripe for sticking in it!

The owner had let his daughter and her BF live in the cabin on the land and they got into drugs and let it go. The land and buildings were valued at a million dollars when they moved in and are now worth about 200K because they screwed them all up. I am trying to do a deal where I clean up the land, and do minor repairs and clean up on the dwellings for trade of all three vehicles. I will then live there free of charge for a few years while he tries to sell it.

I am going to go take pictures this weekend if you guys are interested.

I am also going to make my 1991 W150 a MACHO clone by doing the paint scheme and stickers (which are all still available) and still using it mainly for 4x4 needs on my small ranch and to and from town. If you guys are interested in that build as well, I will post pics of it too. Right now it is a dead stock 1991 W150 with a 4 speed, 4x4 of course, and has 31 10.5 BFG ATS, and wagon wheels which i have already painted the correct yellow.

Post subject: Re: Getting a MACHO
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 am 

cool good luck and post a pic or two.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm 

Sniper X,
Would be nice to update your profile location.
Would like to see a 1M land value @ a current 200K value plus the trucks & car photos..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 pm 

macho4x4warlock wrote:
Sniper X,
Would be nice to update your profile location.
Would like to see a 1M land value @ a current 200K value plus the trucks & car photos..

Entered a little information,

But on vehicles owned now,

1991 Dodge W150, all stock except for the tyres. 2004 SVT Focus, 1985 Dinan BMW E28, 1974 Chevy C20 4x2, and a few vintage motorcycles.

recently sold, 1974 Ramcharger w a 426wedge (450hp) and 3/4ton running gear, 38.5 14.5 super swampers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:02 pm 

Thanks,
My favorite place to visit, New Mexico!! Are you near Cibola National Forest?.......
My '74 Plymouth TrailDuster was first sold in Clovis, NM on Highway 60 near the Texas border..... I also have the 3/4 axles, 33' tires and '89 Ramcharger interior w/roll bar in the TD. The engine is a stock 360 4v engine rebuilt.
I'm in Northern California.
Attachment:
74 ply td left side body.jpg
74 ply td left side body.jpg [ 65.3 KiB | Viewed 4015 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm 

macho4x4warlock wrote:
Thanks,
My favorite place to visit, New Mexico!! Are you near Cibola National Forest?.......
My '74 Plymouth TrailDuster was first sold in Clovis, NM on Highway 60 near the Texas border..... I also have the 3/4 axles, 33' tires and '89 Ramcharger interior w/roll bar in the TD. The engine is a stock 360 4v engine rebuilt.
I'm in Northern California.
Attachment:
74 ply td left side body.jpg

I live right about where the a is....in the word national. My Ramcharger was the same two colours as your Trailduster. I loved that thing.

I live in the East Mountains outside Albuquerque on a small ten acre ranch.

Mine kid of looked like this one, same wheels and such but 3/4ton gear and a little more lift.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 pm 

Did your '74 have the early type clipped door window frames? Mine is late style. Built in June '74. The owner who bought it first had some type of ranch with animals. I found a "build your own trailer hitch" system that bolted to the frame and bumper. The rear bumper was a "V" when I first saw it. The TD now has proper receiver on it that I modified to go around the 35 gal tank.
That Gold body paint must of been a popular color for the early seventies.
There are four Pick & Pulls in my area. If your looking for anything that can be shipped reasonable, let me know, I may be able to find it for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:06 pm 

mine had the full window frames they stayed up when the roof was off and looked kinda funny! I'll bet they went to that style to save coin as they were the exact same doors as the pick up trucks had. At least that is what I am guessing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm 

The early TD & RC window frames were integrated into the removable top. The door would leak water at the base of the door where the window would start coming up at the gap of the top window frame and door top......plus I think you had to roll down the window a bit the exit the truck.
Attachment:
early top door window seal.jpg
early top door window seal.jpg [ 82.07 KiB | Viewed 3987 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm 

macho4x4warlock wrote:
The early TD & RC window frames were integrated into the removable top. The door would leak water at the base of the door where the window would start coming up at the gap of the top window frame and door top......plus I think you had to roll down the window a bit the exit the truck.
Attachment:
early top door window seal.jpg
yep, and mine were the later ones. At first I thought it looked funny with the top off, but it was great because the windows didn't waggle in the wind like the earlier ones did from what i hear.