It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1979 Power Wagon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm 

so i did some ebay looking and found the hickey enterprises ebay store. Like yall said its all GM stuff on there... so i sent the guy an email and while i was looking over the store site there was a link to "hinkeyoffroad.com" as the main website/store. Apparently this guy will take your used hinkey parts and refurbish them to original or better specs, and they apparently make new stuff too? I havent recieved an email back yet. The site has nothing but GM stuff as well but goes into the history of the company and some of the special editions that hickey made, again mostly GM with one picture of a Tophand RC / PW. Maybe we will have an outlet for some of the old aftermarket?!

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:01 am 

Well i got an email back from Hickey Enterprises...

"Hello Matt,

I only have a few parts right now for the dodge trucks. I do have a original (cadillac) tire and dual jerry can carrier, would sell. I have a original and new front dana 44 diff cover would sell either. I have an original 9-1/4" rear cover, not for sale. I come across 3 or 4 roll bars a year so I sould be able to save one for you. I'll look through the parts barn for a push bar for you. Last but not least folding steps I have 3 restored sets that will be for sale as soon as the springs are finished. Thanks Matt

- hickey_enterprises_inc"

I wrote back and asked if they are manufacturing new parts or just restoring what they are sent or can find... will let yall know.

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 pm 

Interesting,
Please keep us posted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 am 

Ok so heres what i heard back yesterday afternoon, They are a bit pricey lol but i guess if your manufacturing the same stuff with todays prices i assume its about right... Im going to get the last set of steps they have considering how rare they seem to be or have atleast been told they are, and we'll see where the rest comes in $ wise.... Heres the reply....

"...We own all the original Hickey Enterprises Trademarks and logos. We are slowly rebuilding the entire line of Hickey parts. We do custom one off pieces too. We have not set a price on the the dual jerry can carrier yet. The steps are by far the rarest. We have only found 3 sets, one has been sold to a man in germany, one is on our shop truck and one is for sale. We price all our items by the cost to remake one part today. The set of two steps is $649.99. They have been totally restored, new epoxy paint, polished and new custom springs. We will not be making new sets. We might have a push bar for you. If you could send me the outside frame measurment of your truck. Do you have a Dana 44 front axle? Shipping is easy, our prices include it free.

Thanks,
Erik Heeres"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 pm 

Well,
I'm glad they are doing what they are doing.

As with any plan, looks like they could be doing better.

Hope they will.

Wish they would get those front diff covers down to about 2 bills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:36 pm 

Very nice truck you have there!